Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Something we all know

McDonalds is not very healthy, and for the most part, not condusive to a weight loss program. Now that my trip to Kansas is over, I need to tackle my weight loss and get into the healthy range again. I decided to just make several slight changes that should stack up to some serious weight loss. Like not eating after 6:00 at night, eating a half portion for dinner (or at least not taking seconds), serving more veggies with dinner, to include salads, eating healthy snacks, such as cheese and yogurts, as well as fruits and cutting out unhealthy, fattening or processed foods. I know cheese is high in fat, but I believe that it's high enough in nutrition to have a place in a healthy diet. I'm not talking two pounds of cheese a day. I'm talking a cheese stick.

One other choice looks to be a big one. Yesterday I ran through McDonalds and rather than a Big Mac Meal, complete with medium fry and large soda, I got a grilled chicken sandwich with light mayo, a small fry and a diet soda. I looked it up on-line and that change saved me almost 600 calories and 27 grams of fat!! No kidding!. I could almost eat two chicken sandwich meals for the fat and calories I saved, but that would kind of defeat the point, huh? So far, my healthier eating seems to be paying off. I'm down two pounds and already feel skinnier. :) Most importantly though, I know I'll feel better and have more energy. These are changes that I can stick with, because I do most of them naturally anyway. Just need to get back on track again. So here's to a healthy diet and lifestyle!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

It is amazing what little changes can do. Smart choices are the key. That's what I'm telling everyone who asks me how I'm doing it. Goodness knows I'm not exercising.