Friday, June 26, 2009

A Play in a Day...

Well,actually it took more than a day to plan, but Sarah and Hannah love to write and perform plays with the girls next door. This years play was called "The Leasters vs. Barney". So last week, we were treated to a fine theatrical play and refreshments. I treasure these moments because I know they won't last forever.

"Frushi", which is banana wrapped up in a fruit roll up and then sliced. It resembles sushi, but is much tastier. Clever, huh?

They cleaned out an orange half and filled it with orange jello jigglers. Sorry to say, this one was already eaten before I took a picture. They were much prettier before they were bitten into!


Strawberries which should have been dipped in whipped cream,but they didn't have any. They improvised with cream cheese. Wasn't the culinary delight they hoped it would be, but we were all good sports anyway.
The play:


The cast (Ashley Easter, Hannah Lunnen, Marissa Easter and Sarah Lunnen):

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Never heard of frushi. But I'm sure it was pretty sweet.

Jmom said...

Oh yum! I sure have some cute grandkids. Hannah is looking more and more like you as she is getting older. Amanda already does. When amanda was little I thought she resembled Jeremy but not anymore.

Meg Barry said...

that is so awesome. i did the same thing when i was younger (without the yummy treats!). how much fun!!!