Thursday, June 18, 2009

So you think you can dance??

The girls have been busy winding up their year at dance. Taylor does tap and jazz at one studio and Sarah and Hannah do clogging at another studio, resulting in eight and a half hours of dance recitals and just as many hours spent at rehearsals. I keep promising Noah that he will have the opportunity to pay his sister back and that if I have to, I will fly them home from college so they can endure his football games and Pinewood Derbies!

I have video of Sarah and Hannah, but the video of Taylor is on my camcorder and I don't have the cord to download it to the computer.

Clogging is a high energy dance simliar to tap except that it tends to be faster and you lift your knees higher. Both girls have improved so much this year! We hope you enjoy a sample of what Sarah and Hannah have been learning.

Sarah, doing Suds in the Bucket:



Hannah, dancing to "Honey". She's in the back, behind her best friend, Sierra. Odd angle. I moved finally and got a better shot.

Sarah, in the middle, doing "ABC". She's sure growing up! I wish I had taped more of this. She did awesome!



Hannah did another song, but my camera ran out of memory before I could tape it. Both of them also clogged to "Ease on down the road" and will be performing next weekend at "Hoopfest".

3 comments:

Jmom said...

what can I say except that my granddaughters are exceptionally talented and beautiful.

Whit said...

congrats on another year of dance!

Meg Barry said...

awesome clips, laura!! i can't wait for libby to start dance now!!
*hugs*! -meg