Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My Totally Random Thoughts for the Day

1. I really am quite articulate. I have a college degree. If I sound illiterate, please know that is not the case. I happen to be quite a connoisseur of the english language and grammatical errors drive me nuts. Just ask Jeremy. But I spend my day with little people and after eight hours of listening to them, it starts to sound correct.

2. My oldest daughter will be 16 in eight months. That means she will get her drivers license and begin dating. To be honest, I can handle the drivers license. When she's driving, she's in control, and I trust her. She's responsible and will do fine. The dating thing has me growing gray hairs though.

3. I was recently catching up with someone from high school, someone I hadn't seen in years. She was telling me that she job shares, which basically means that she works part time and "shares" her job with another person. She said that it works great because she gets to spend a few days with her kids and then when she's ready for "more", she gets to go to work. I wonder why that would be "more". More what? More stress, more to do? It's not that I don't think women should have careers. I'm all for women having careers. I just don't want one. This is all the "more" I need. I don't understand what "more" she could want. Working outside of the home would just make me crazy. I guess that's why I stay home, huh?

4. My biggest pet peeve is when the kids "borrow" my stuff and don't return it. I have told them that "borrowing without asking is stealing". There is one main culprit in our home and she continues to do it anyway. And it's not that she refuses to put stuff back. She just forgets. I may have to chop her fingers off.

5. I am the only person in my home who knows how to put a new roll of toilet paper on a roll.

See? I told you... totally random. Just a little peak into my brain today.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Recipe for the gray hair...color it. That way no one knows the worry you feel deep inside.

Angie said...

Oh, Laura! 16 year olds! I feel your pain and I too am getting gray hair. Seth is a great kid and his girlfriends have all been very nice strong christian girls but noticed I said girlfriends. He's only been dating since June and he has a new one every 2 weeks. I guess that's good, I would rather that than a long serious relationship.

Jmom said...

the toilet paper roll replacement is an age old problem. I've always had that dilemma around here---it even seems when one roll is getting real low the perpetraters will swith bathrooms!!

Jmom said...

Hey, did you notice, I am now Jmom!

Mo. Mom said...

As you were speaking of Amanda's driving it brought a memory back to me. Once when Bob and I were visiting your mom and dad, you wanted to take the car somewhere. You couldn't understand why they wouldn't let you. You told them, "but I know the PRNDL real good"! You pronounced it prindle.
P=park, R=reverse, N=neutral, D=drive, L=low.