Sunday, April 5, 2009

It's all about her!

I realized not too long ago that I don't blog much about Amanda. Mostly because she's not here very much. Between seminary, school, soccer, piano and youth night, I sometimes feel like I should be fluffing her pillows and leaving a mint. Some days, it feels like she just drops in to eat and sleep. And now she's talking about getting a part time job when she turns sixteen. I just laughed. When is she going to fit that in??

Here are a couple pics of our fabulous, fantastic fifteen year old:

Amanda at her soccer game yesterday:




Amanda is the one in a long sleeve shirt and black shorts, right in front of the net. She's playing goalie which is probably one of her least favorite positions. Mine too. I get very stressed when my girls are in the goalie box. Too much pressure. Her coach says she has some natural abilities in that position and she's learned that on a team, you play where you're most needed. A very important life lesson to learn. Since their regular goalie had to work, Amanda played half the game in the goal box, the other half as a mid-fielder.

This is Amanda getting her ninth grade honors rolls certificate for a 4.0. Amanda has only received one B in her whole life. Ironically, it was in PE, in third grade. She's pretty sure it was a mistake. :)



Amanda has now lettered as a freshman in academics and will get a pin every time she's on the honor roll. She did say that most kids don't actually get a letterman's jacket for academics, but she has the letter now!

Way to go Amanda!! We're so very proud of the young lady she's become.

Oh, and as a side note, we have six days until Amanda can get her drivers permit. She'll be a wonderful and concientious driver and I'm so excited for her!

3 comments:

Jmom said...

Way to go Amanda!! We are so proud of you!

Dan said...

Congrats to Amanda on all her accolades and the upcoming driver's permit. It is amazing how fast they grow up.

Tracy said...

You seeing her less and less is just to prepare you for when she really leaves. Although I don't think anything does that.