Sunday, May 3, 2009

Noah's busy day

So here it is. Pictures from Noah's busy day. I guess what makes this so unique is that he's not normally this busy. He's usually pretty good at entertaining himself and not getting into trouble. But wow! Did he make up for in on Thursday!! Here's the damage...

The carpet:


The linoleum:


Yes, it did include five different shades of nail polish!

The brother:





Once again, the pics really don't do it justice. It was such a mess! It was really lucky that he happened to be in nothing but a diaper. That's very rare. Had he been dressed, it would have ruined a pair of clothes.

Adam looks like he's got some kind of unfortunate skin disease, but that is all mauve colored finger nail polish. It took some serious nail polish remover and a bath to get him clean. In fact, I'm still finding little smudges of nail polish on him. It pretty much covered both legs to include the bottoms of his feet, both arms, his fingers and his tummy.

For the record, this was all done during a fifteen minute phone conversation with my brother. Little boys work fast!

And now the clean-up.

I see you:





After the big clean-up, I asked Noah to carry some rolls of toilet paper to my bathroom. I told him not to put them in the toilet or the sink. Not that he ever had in the past. I was just covering my bases. He is a boy, afterall, and what's more fun than tp and water? I told him to just set them on the floor. I took the other rolls to the other two bathrooms and was thinking he was taking a bit long to complete his task, so I went to check on him. When I got to my bathroom, I found that he had, indeed, unwrapped all four rolls and stuffed them into the toilet. Luckily, he had not tried to flush it or we would have had a huge mess.


At this point in our day, I was suddenly feeling very tired. I decided Noah needed to watch a little educational tv in my room while I finished getting ready. It wasn't even noon yet.

6 comments:

Jmom said...

Oh my,my, MY!! I think that pretty well sums it up. It does look like he tried to put some of the polish on Adam's nails!

Meg Barry said...

teehee :) we've had days like that. our last episode included iodine (don't ask). clean up's like that take forever. hope you survived!

Jmom said...

P.S. This reminds me of a little 3 year old girl that made the back of her white bedroom door a beautiful orange from as high as she could reach---to the floor. She had to help clean it up too and she never did it again.

Jmom said...

One more and then I swear I will quit!! These are the "get even" days that grandma's live for.lol Maybe Adam did it!!??!! ha ha hee hee!!

Dan said...

I was on phone with you through some of this. Always stuns me with how even headed you are about these things. Guess after 6 kids, anything that doesn't require hospitalization is just a "go with the flow" moment.

Sorry I took a bit to post.Been a busy time both in work and personal life. Thank for the smiles.

Mo. Mom said...

Ooooohhh !!! MY!MY!MY!
Your mom was asking me if I had been keeping up with the blogs. When I told her I haven't had time, she said to check yours for nail polish. Woweee that was a doozie! Always keep in mind that raising boys is a whole different ball game. NEVER let your guard down. lol