Sunday, November 16, 2008

And then there were eight...

On Thursday night, from out of nowhere, Noah started throwing up. I had a meeting to go to, so after cleaning up, I left Jeremy in charge. When I returned, we had two sick kids- Noah and Hannah. On Friday, Hannah stayed home and after first period, Taylor called me to pick her up from school. While she wasn't throwing up, she had all the aches and pains of the flu. I spent my day nursing them back to health and washing my hands like crazy. I hate the flu.

On Saturday, Taylor, Noah and Hannah were better, but Sarah was throwing up every two hours. She continued this pattern all day til finally, last night, she stopped throwing up and just got an insanely high fever. Then right before bed, Jeremy and I both started feeling sick, grabbed what big bowls we had left, and went to bed. In the middle of the night, we heard Amanda throwing up. I tell you, nothing is as bad as helping sick kids when you have the flu yourself! I checked on Sarah and her fever was 102.8.

Today, Hannah and Taylor felt well enough to go to church. Everyone else stayed home. Adam, thankfully, is not throwing up, but he's got the flu too. It's just showing itself in other smelly ways. Yuck! So all in all, we've had or currently have, eight sick people in three days. Every big bowl in our house is in use and each room has at least two bowls in it. I'm not kidding! Nothing like this many sick people to make you realize that you really need to teach the kids how to clean the toilets better!

4 comments:

Meg Barry said...

omg laura. you're in hell, aren't you?! sending everyone in your house *get well soon* vibes!!!
*hugs*, *hugs*! -meg

Lisa Mc. said...

I read about Nicole's family last week and now it got you! I'm sorry! Get feeling better!!!!

Sara Rose said...

Wow! I am so sorry! Hope you feel better! I get the toilet thing!LOL

Jmom said...

Sorry you're all sick. Hope all is better real soon. Good thing you have a lot of big bowls,huh?