Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Thoughts from the day after the election

I had a blog all typed up and ready to go, but I really don't want to get into the political debate that I'm sure would come, so let's just say that he scares me, and it has nothing to do with the color of his skin. I'm all for a black man being president. I just wish it were a black republican. And if it is a democrat, one a lot less liberal would be nice. And just for the record, I don't love McCain either. My candidate dropped out long ago.

Hang on for the ride, guys. It's going to be an interesting and defining four years. And I don't mean that in a good way. I mean that we'll spend the next four years defining marriage, defining family, defining a child's right to live. We'll pull out of Iraq, even if Iraq isn't ready and we'll probably get a "free" health care system that we can't afford, will raise our taxes astronomically and will lower standards of care.

Personally, I like the guy. He's a great speaker. When I listen to him, I feel energized. He's charasmatic, well educated, dynamic. But his politics are scary. If you disagree, just give it some time. After the Obama-fest has died down, we'll see that the real Obama will come forth. Not the one who was trying to get elected, but the real guy, with all his real radical, leftist ideas. Fortunately, in our country, we have a system of checks and balances. He has a vice president (who I also don't like, but that's a whole different story), a cabinet and the house and senate. Unfortunately, it's all in democrat control. Face it. We're screwed.

See, now aren't you glad I didn't get political? Oh, and if you don't agree with me, or worse yet, if I don't know you, please don't respond. I'm not trying to argue. Just trying to blog. Have a happy day.

3 comments:

Meg Barry said...

i am still throwing up in my mouth over obama's election. did you see that china and russia were also cheering the news? scary.

Jmom said...

I agree with you 100%, now does that one surprise you? I think we will spiral into moral decay.

Gretch said...

Yeah-I'm pretty nervous about what the next 4 years will bring. Maybe this is when the government will hang by its strings??? Scary!