Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A real conversation with Hannah...

Anyone who knows Hannah knows that she has a very... um... healthy sense of self worth. Two nights ago, I was reading out of "Island of the Blue Dolpins" with the girls and came across the word "vain"

Hannah: Mom, what does "vain" mean?

Me: It means when we think we are very beautiful.

Hannah: Oh, well I think I'm very beautiful.

Me: Being vain isn't a good thing, Hannah.

Hannah: Oh... (pause)... well, okay, but I'm still beautiful.

Gotta love the self confidence of an eight year old. :)

3 comments:

Dan said...

I have to give it to Hannah.....she is beautiful. Very funny.

Meg Barry said...

LoVe her! that is priceless!

Sara Rose said...

First off I LOVED that BOOK! My mom read it to us and that is a cherished memory! Second! I totally get hannah! I have Emma!LOL