Noah's language skills are really starting to sky rocket, and although, being a boy, he'll probably never be as chatty as the girls (we can hope, at least), he's starting to really talk it up.
Today, he, Adam and I took Sarah to the orthodontist. After he had finished playing with their one toy, a fire truck, and had gotten all the enjoyment he possibly could from two stickers, Noah was standing on a stool looking out the window, watching traffic. I asked him what he saw and he said "cars". I said "what else do you see?" He said "more dirt" (was actually dirty snow).
Funny what he didn't see. For a little boy, there's nothing else of consequence out there, really. If I had asked a little girl the same question, I would have gotten an entirely different response. She would have seen "mommas" and "daddys". You know, people. She might have also noticed clouds or trees. Not boys. It's cars and dirt. That's all.
In other news, we still have slush. It's currently 40 degrees but will drop below freezing for the rest of the week. Kids are still out of school. I really don't know why, although I don't mind having them home. They're happy about it now, but wait til June when they have to make the days up. :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I thought that they got to go back to school Tuesday. So much for the Weather Channel news.
Good luck with slush turning to ice with freezing temperatures. So glad its in the 60's today here.
They were home on Monday, at school on Tues, and then home again Wed and today. Most other districts have been out all week.
The vocabulary of little boys crack me up. They come up with some of the cutest stuff. Brennan is so silly, at christmas he walked around singing his own rendition of Santa is coming to town. Your better not watch out, you better not cry, you better not poot.... should of been pout and I think I told him. But it never seemed to change. Caleb is mumbling more and more. Some words I can understand. Recently he said Diaper and bubbles... So proud.... Give your babies and big babies hugs. love you lots. Me.
Hey!! When a guy has a car and dirt he needs nothing else!! When he has all his needs met, he doesn't need to say anything.
Post a Comment