Hannah, outside the ski lodge:
Amanda and her friend Kimi. Cute, huh?:
Sarah, Hannah and Emily, trying to warm up in the lodge:
So, my embarassing moment... because I am nothing if not graceful... Hannah and I were trying to find a run that led from the top of the lift to the lodge but we got lost. I asked a couple of teenage boys and they pointed me in the general direction, so I took off. I quickly found myself in very ungroomed, very powdery snow and knew I couldn't go much further, so I stopped to tell Hannah not to follow me. When I stopped, my skis sunk and I couldn't get out, so I made the very unwise choice to take my skis off, thinking I would walk across the top of the snow. You know, kind of like Jesus, walking on water. Yes, foolish, I know.
Of course, I sank. Not only did I sink, but I sunk to my waist and couldn't get out, so I had no choice but to scoot my skis and poles towards the run that I was supposed to be on and then drag myself forward like a wounded animal. Each time I inched forward, I sank into a new spot. My only saving grace was that because I was in a non-ski area, no one but Hannah was watching me. So I managed to salvage my pride. I did this for about fifteen minutes and just as I was almost to the run, my friend Heather came barrelling around the corner and caught me. Talk about embarassing! I just laid in the snow and laughed so hard I cried.
We strategized together and figured out a way to get me out of this mess and then once I was up, she took off to find her son and Hannah and I continued our snowy journey to the lodge, which was a much needed break by the time we got there. Lesson learned: Do not venture off the run, even if you think it's a shortcut to where you need to be. Another lesson learned: Be wary of directions given by teenage boys.
4 comments:
Laura, this is why I love you! I can totally see this and laugh W I T H you, hee hee. The moral of your story was my favorite though, that is being a mother of a teenage boy, I learned boys in general are not good with directions. Thanks for sharing and you made my day. I am still laughing.
Laura,
You are so funny! I cannot believe you got stuck waist deep in snow! I bet it was very cold.... lol....
Good job using your noggin....
L O L!! laura, you are too funny and no worries, chickie, it's something that would happen to me too *wink*!! i knew you guys would have a lot of fun and please send some snow our way!!
*hugs*!
How funny you are!! Glad you got out okay, that could have been dangerous! At least Hannah knew where you were and you weren't going anywhere very quickly!!
Post a Comment