Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Young Women in Excellence

Okay, really, this is just a post so I can show you pretty pics of my girls. Last night, the young women in our church had a program called "Young Women in Excellence". It's a yearly event that spotlights them and their acheivements as they strive to develop the values and attributes of the Savior. This year, they went with a formal theme, and so the girls had the opportunity to dress up in formal wear. Really, the first time in formal wear. They've had lots of opportunities to dress up and look nice, but this was at a different level, so it was new and exciting, and very elegant. Well, as elegant as it could be with eleven teenage girls. It was a beautiful night. You know, the kind that makes a mom cry. Here are some pics:



Six of the eleven girls in attendence(second and third from the left):




All the girls (five in from the right and three in from the left):



This is as serious as I could get the girls to be afterwards:




And a silly picture:


I'm very proud of them. They looked beautiful, but I'm even more happy with the beautiful people they are on the inside. They continue to teach me and inspire me to be a better person. They have kind hearts, bright minds and try very hard to do what is right in all instances. Way to go, girls! We love you!

9 comments:

Tracy said...

Congratulations on raising great kids. And tearing up I believe is a requirement for all "mom" moments. Trust me, never be without kleenix.

Jmom said...

I am so proud of our girls. They looked so beautiful (of course I have always thought that all of our girls were beautiful!) And the dresses were so pretty and looked so good on them. Way to go girls!

Dan said...

They have become beautiful young ladies...both inside and out. You are right to be proud.

Jmom said...

I thought of a P.S.

the early sixties song "when a girl goes from bobby socks to stockings" came to mind.
Now you know just an inkling of how I felt when you dressed for your first prom(junior high prom)in a light blue dotted swiss formal. Then we had a light pink one for a junior prom, and a red one for a senior prom. ( you were very cute and popular!) There were watery eyes every time!

Angie said...

Lovely young ladies! One has your eyes and one has Jeremy's eyes. Which one is the Oldest? Amanda? Basicaly, just tell me who is in the pink and who is in the blue. The one in the pink looks like you and the one in the blue looks like a Jeremy but in a beautiful young lady way. Not saying Jeremy looks like a lady or your daugther looks like a man. (smile) Boy this compliment has turned lengthy.

Janet said...

They look BEAUTIFUL!!!! Tell them we are so proud of them....

Laura said...

Angie, the one in blue is Amanda and she's the oldest. Taylor is in pink. And I agree that she favors me and Amanda looks more like Jeremy.

Gretch said...

Wow! What BEAUTIFUL Young AMAZING Women! I miss YWs SO BAD! Sniff Sniff...

Beth said...

Looks like they all had lots of fun! They look so beautiful! I love that blue color on Amanda. They sure have changed since we first met in the Franklin Park ward.