Monday, October 20, 2008

Ahhhhh... do you hear that???

It's the sound of nothing. On days like this, I am truly grateful for bedtime, that blissful end of the day when all my sweet children are soundly snoring in their beds. As some of you know, I am sick. I currently have no voice. My head is throbbing, I can't swallow and my nose is stuffy. In addition, I'm coughing up huge hunks of phlegm. Tasty, I know.

Today was especially delightful because I had two sick boys and three girls fighting ALL DAY LONG!! No, change that. Three sick kids and three kids fighting. Taylor has the distinction of fitting into both groups because she threw up right before bed. Apparantely something very blue did not agree with her. Luckily she made it to the toilet because I do not think I could have handled cleaning that up. Needless to say, I gave them the opportunity to get a little extra sleep tonight by sending them to bed early.

I am especially appreciative to Amanda today, as she is not only healthy, but has been totally agreeable. She even stepped in when I had all that I could take and helped her sisters work out their disagreements. Bless her.

And of course, Jeremy has missed out on all the fun. Before bed, I kissed each of them and told them how much I love them, and we decided that we had to have a better day tomorrow. They agreed. It was the first time they had agreed all day. You shouldn't have two days in a row like this, right? I'm going to go take a very long, peaceful bath now, with extra bubbles.

2 comments:

Jmom said...

hope you all feel better tomorrow. I don't even want to know what was blue.

Meg Barry said...

oh man, laura. there is nothing worse than being sick. gotta love cold and flu season. hang in there and take care of yourself!!
*HUGS*!