Thursday, October 30, 2008

Apple pickin' and pumpkin chunkin'

So many pictures, so little time!! I forgot to post pics from our apple picking on Saturday. I cannot believe how much yummier apples are when picked from the tree rather than bought at the grocery store!

My tree huggers:



Taylor took this picture. She must have told him to look at his apple.


One box full:

The girls had a great time in the hay bail maze. They also had a corn maze, but the corn was so high, it was impossible to get a good picture. Sarah looks mad here, but she's not. I think the sun was in her eyes.


And guess what Noah found...


Noah's dream come true:


And five minutes later...


And ten minutes more... still there:


We finally coaxed Noah down and got this great picture:
>



So, pumpkin chunkin'... at this farm, they loaded pumpkins into a makeshift cannon and shot it wayyyyy in the air, over the road and into the field across the street. Their goal was to hit a target, but they've never actually done that. It was fun to watch them try though. The pumpkins shoot out so high that I couldn't even see them. Jeremy could, though. The kids all liked watching that! Ahhhh, entertainment in the great northwest!!



5 comments:

JFL said...

I would really like to build one of those punkin chunkin cannons. I'm sure our neighbors wouldn't mind me.

Jmom said...

Looks like you had a ton of fun! I particularly like the punkin chunkin idea.How exciting for Noah to find that big "vehicle thingy" (thats girl talk for a large array of machinery.

Meg Barry said...

i laughed at the pics of noah. i surprised you could even get him off to take him home!! LOVE the pics of the kids together! i was at the pumpkin patch with libby and anne today also! *HUGS*!

Lisa Mc. said...

That is so cute! The family picture at the top is adorable! I miss apple picking! Hope you had a Happy Halloween! Can't wait to see pics of the kids! I'm still mad I never came to see Hannah and Sarah and Amanda! Even Taylor I only got to see for a minute! Sean is coming back in January I want to come too!

Dan said...

Looks like a great day out. We always enjoy the farms when we have been there.