Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Phantom of the Opera!

Our big night was last night!Amanda, Taylor and I, along with our friends, went to see the broadway play, Phantom of the Opera! It was F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C! What an experience for my girls! The music was phenominal. The effects were amazing! It really was a once-in-a-lifetime experience, since we rarely (ie, never) make it to New York. It was everything I had hoped it would be and something the girls will never forget. We had seats in the orchestra section, which Amanda, in particular, appreciated.

The story itself... what a sad tale! Really, I cannot help to feel sorry for the guy. The little monkey music box is hauntingly disturbing. In fact, I dreamt about the play all night last night. Pathetic, yes, but it was that intense, that fabulous, that well done. So that was our big night. And that's why I have two very tired girls at school today. And one tired mom here at home. You think Noah will let me nap? I'm thinking not. Yawn!!

Oh, and I would post the one picture I thought to take, but for some reason, it didn't save on my camera, so unless my friend emails me her's, there are no pictures. Sorry. You'll just have to take my word for it that we really were there! :)

1 comment:

Meg Barry said...

oh laura!! HOW EXCITING!!!!! i have seen it twice, but could see it over and over and not be bored. what an AWESOME experience!!
*HUGS*!