Sunday, October 26, 2008

My sweet boys

I love two year olds. Really, I love all their phases. It's all amazing to me, but two year olds are just a fire ball of learning and discovery. Being a boy, Noah's not exactly the communicator that my girls were. He's just now starting to put two to three words together to make short sentences. My girls, by now, were talking in paragraphs, but Noah is a man of few words. Really, it's typical. Even as adults, women talk more and use a much bigger vocabulary than our counterparts. I don't think that's a surprise to anyone.

Noah has two new sayings that are really quite sweet. One is "more dirt". He's a boy. Need I say more? This one is very important for a little boy to master. It comes in very handy in all sorts of situations. The other is one that warms my heart and makes me so glad that we had Adam. When I lay them side by side, like when I'm changing diapers, Noah will reach across to Adam, hold his hand, and say "two brothers". Does it get any sweeter than that?

This picture is quite a few months old, but still one of my favorites.

5 comments:

Sara Rose said...

First off I love the new family picture!!! And also I have to agree about boys! There is something different that is so special about boys! Snuggle yours a little closer for me please! I miss that stage with Dallin!

Gretch said...

I LOVE that picture! So sweet! And Noah saying "two brothers"- melt my heart! I also love the new family picture. What a great family you have!

Meg Barry said...

LoVe the family pic, laura!!

There is nothing more wonderful than brotherly love. Really, there isn't.

Jmom said...

They are so precious and sweet. boys are just a whole different species. How fun to get to do boys, after all the girls we have.

Dan said...

Great new picture of the family. Could you email a copy to me?

I hope to see you all next summer and see that interaction in person.