Now, she's fifteen. And an amazing fifteen, at that. She's grown into a beautiful, confident, intelligent, musically gifted young woman. I look at her and see so much of what I wasn't at her age. I admire her for her conviction to do what's right, to be fair in every situation, to be completely comfortable in her own skin. I marvel at her high standards. Did you know that she won't put a song on her IPod if it has even one bad word in it? She checks the lyrics of everything she listens to. Pretty amazing, huh?
It's amazing to me that Jeremy and I started out with this innocent little baby and even though we've made mistakes along the way, forgotten to do some things, been occasionally lazy and inconsistent, she's turned out pretty fabulous. And I can already feel that day coming... that day when I will take her to college and she'll walk away from me. And I know I will cry. I will "lose" her and I will have to say good-bye. Because that's what we do as mothers. We slowly work ourselves out of a job. I don't look forward to that day. I can't imagine our daily family interactions without her little bits of quick wit, her sarcastic sense of humor, her example of all that is good and right. I dont' know why Heavenly Father designed them to grow up. I've thought about not feeding her, but that doesn't seem right either. sigh...
This picture makes me laugh because 1) the incredibly bored look on Amanda's face and 2) Taylor's face. Yes, she was trying to blow out her sister's candles. And yes, we are using Dora the Explorer plates. What can I say??
2 comments:
happy belated birthday, amanda! they do grow up too quickly <3
Thanks Laura for reminding me to charish these moments! I cried! I wish they could stay our little girls forever!
Post a Comment