Just when I thought my tomatoes were gone (after freezing spaghetti sauce and salsa), a friend came over last night with... you guessed it! More tomatoes!! And since I'm not one to pass up free food, this is what I did today:
Enough tomatoes to do six pints of tomato sauce, but since I'm too lazy right now to can it, I will freeze it.
Now I'm starting my next project:
Bunches and bunches of grapes, just dropped off by another friend! Our deal is that she picked them from her backyard and I'll steam them and give her half of what we end up with. So first step is to make it into grape juice, which my kids love. From there, we can either just drink it or make it into grape jelly by adding pectin and sugar later on. Either way... yummy!
Have I mentioned that I love fall??
2 comments:
Danny set me up with a account so I can leave comments. I love your posts.
so much fun, laura!! i can't wait to hear how your grape juice turns out!!
Post a Comment