Saturday, December 13, 2008

All kinds of Christmas Fun!


This morning, we woke up to our first dusting of snow. While it wasn't quite the "winter storm" they predicted, it was exciting nonetheless. Nothing like a bit of snow to put us in the Christmas spirit.

Today has been a busy day. It started at 7:45 this morning when Sarah and I showed up for their annual elementary "Breakfast with Santa". Sarah and I had volunteered to work together in the gift shop. Afterwards, Jeremy, Hannah, Noah and Adam met us for some yummy pancakes and sausage and then we got a picture with Santa. I thought about trying to coerce Amanda and Taylor into a picture but decided against it. They were good sports earlier in the week and agreed to do a nativity scene picture with their younger siblings. You can only expect so much holiday cheer from teenagers.

Noah was not sure what to think of Santa, so he stood VeRy close to Hannah, and Adam was in between screams, but on the whole, we thought it was a cute picture.


After the breakfast, I took Sarah and Adam and went to Sarah's basketball game, which was a glorious loss. Not even close. They got annihilated. Oh well. Some games are like that. Sarah, however, is getting much better and much more confident in her playing.

Jeremy took Amanda and went to her Christmas piano recital. She was Mary. She's been playing for six years now and is doing so well. She's so talented and has been very dedicated. I'm trying to post a video of her but it's not working. If I can figure it out, I'll post it. If not, you'll just have to take my word for it!! :)

Now we're off to our church's Christmas Program, where Amanda, Taylor and Jeremy are singing in the choir. The only thing I'm asked to do is to bring potatoes. I can do that. I make good baked potatoes.

2 comments:

Janet said...

What a cute picture! We still need to get a picture of the boys with Santa. Not sure how that will go over. Brennan has typically been good with it in the past. We will see. Im glad things are going good for you and your family. We love you all and hope you have a Very Merry Christmas.

Lisa Mc. said...

That is so cute! Have a very Merry Christmas you guys!