is all the mess afterwards! And all the clutter. Seriously, it makes me crazy. I was whining about it to Jeremy last night who honestly doesn't have a problem with it. I believe that's because he was raised in a big family and I was not. Big families come complete with lots of stuff. It's my only complaint in having lots of kids. The clutter... well, and sometimes the noise is a bit much. I love the kids, but really could do without all the extra stuff. It drives me up a tree. I dream of big, open, spacious, clutter free rooms. I don't see that being a reality for at least seventeen years, and then I'll probably be welcoming lots of grandchildren into my house, and they too, are mess makers.
So today, we get out house in order again. My kids are thrilled, as you can imagine! Ha!! But we are moving on to Sarah's birthday party, which happens to be a sleepover with six extra eleven year olds. Yep, that's six more mess makers. Oh, the things we do to make our kids smile. And I am committed to making them "matching pillowcases". Only problem is, I'm horrible with a sewing machine. So it will take me a better part of the day. I know pillow cases are simple, but that's for people who are at least a little capable. I am not.
I am thrilled to report that my mom made it back home without major incident. Thank goodness, because she didn't have such a great flight out here. She had two delays on her way home, but in comparision, it went relatively smooth and she is currently sleeping in her own bed. I'm sure she's enjoying a slightly quieter home. But we had a great time with Grandma. The kids were thrilled. In addition to Build-a-Bear, we also did lots of pre and post holiday shopping, had the family slumber party and went out to eat several times. We wore Grandma out and I'm sure she slept very well last night.
In other news, Noah has perfected the art of making tooty noises (we do not say the f-a-r-t word in our home) with his mouth and arm. I'm sure this is a skill that will serve him well in life and will one day impress the right girl. Seriously, the things that just come natural for little boys...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I feel the same way about all of our clutter. I'm reading this book called Its All Too Much. So far it is a pretty good book. Hopefully it will help me solve my problem of clutter here and clutter there.
Good luck with the big sleepover!
Noah is too funny! How do boys naturally know how to be boys? :-)
My trip home,though a bit nerve wrecking and testy--was successful. Had a couple delays but I guess you should expect that during the holidays. It's just that the trip up was so stressful, that I guess I was bracing myself for more problems. We shouldn't really do that, huh? Thanks again for the great week of love and hospitality.
Post a Comment